Day 0 Update #115 – Don’t Release Broken Games
On this week’s episode of the Day 0 Update: It’s a full house with Fil, Pat, Brandon, Danreb, Chris, and Leigh all chiming in on this week’s stories. Blizzard is doing well, but Activision is laying off staff. Valve kills Greenlight, and we have concerns. Plus E3 is opening up to the public. Is this a good thing? That and more, next!
2/12/2017 Show Notes
- F: A project I was working on is now out.
- What Are We Playing?
- F: Double Dragon IV, other stuff.
- P: NHL 17, Double Dragon IV, about to return to older habits
- B: SMT IV, Titanfall 2
- D: For Honor Beta, finished FFXV, Fire Emblem Heroes
- C: For Honor Beta, FFXV, Talos Principle
- L: WoW, Witcher 3, Dragon Quest VIII
- Out this week: For Honor
- Activision has great quarter thanks to Blizzard
- Sega straight up reprints first four Yakuza games, available now
- Subset Games (FTL) announces Mech/Kaiju SRPG Into The Breach
- Project Cars 2 announced for late 2017 release
- Konami announced Bombergirl for Japanese arcades
- NBA/Take Two partner for new NBA 2K eSports league
- Ubisoft delayed South Park: The Fractured But Whole to FY18
- Valve pulls the plug on Greenlight this spring, announces Steam Direct
- Playground Games (Forza Horizon) opening second studio for new open world game
- /r/StreetFighter to become a default subreddit
- After all the donations are counted, Marvel remains an Evo constant
- Kolin takes the field in Street Fighter V on February 28th
- The long-rumored “Season 2.1” fine-tuning patch won’t be far behind.
- “…we can confirm additional changes are in the works to bring characters in-line with how we envision them … we are anticipating an announcement early March.”
- E3 opens its doors to the masses in 2017
- Facebook Discussion of the Week: What do you think of the open-door E3 in 2017?