Let’s Weekend #63 – Death And Return of Comics
On this week’s episode of Let’s Weekend: The Trump Administration is off to a rocky start. PewDiePie has a bad week. Plus a history of Comic Books in the 90’s and how they nearly died out altogether. That and more up next!
2/17/2017 Show Notes
- Special Thanks to The Donnybrooks for our intro and outro. Check them out on Facebook or Bandcamp!
- What Are We Up To?
- F: Reamde, Video stuff, feeling sick.
- P: Getting back to my slice-of-life anime addiction.
- B: Titanfall 2, reading
- C: Arrival, Trails of Cold Steel, Hitman
- Brandon’s Random Factoid
- Asshole of the Week: Trump’s press conference sure was a thing
- Hero of the Week: Ashton Kutcher testifies about anti-sex trafficking work to Senate committee
- The first domino falls as Flynn resigns
- Failing SNL has its best ratings in six years this past weekend
- Some quick words on the PewDiePie controversy.
- P: Whoever could have imagined creating celebrities online could go badly?
- B: The blaming of the ‘regressive left’ is way off base here.
- Zealandia may be the eighth continent
- Nudity returns to Playboy after getting rid of it in 2015
- Israel Burger King offers “Adults Meal” with sex toys
- Women’s Pro Tennis player makes random date bet on Twitter and lost
- Evidence rooms, brace yourselves: HMD Global may be bringing back the Nokia 3310
- WB wants Mel Gibson to direct Suicide Squad 2
- There’s a Kickstarter for a Rufio prequel short film
- Comic Books in the 90s (and how Liefeld and Variant Covers almost killed them).
- Email us!