Day 0 Update #15 – Skype Happens
This week, Filippo, Brandon, and Patrick are joined by Leigh Lamb. We talk about Mortal Kombat, toxicity in online gaming, and whether you should be able to keep old games alive. All that, despite Skype hating us.
4/12/2015 Show Notes
- What are we playing? (Skype ate this part.)
- Patrick: Final Fantasy: Record Keeper, MLB 15 The Show, NHL Bracketology
- Filippo: DG2, Axiom Verge
- Brandon: DMC: Devil May Cry, Rayman Legends
- Leigh: Dragon Quest IX, SWTOR, GTA V, Hearthstone
- Releasing this week: Mortal Kombat X
- Don Mattrick, previously too awesome for EA and Microsoft, graduates from Zynga
- Xbox 360 getting support for up to 2TB external drives
- Breath of Fire VI site implies a PC version, shows the game to look pretty damn good
- THPS5 leaked by a caterer?
- Tony himself hinted at this awhile back. Expect an imminent announcement.
- SNK, amidst Chinese buyout rumors, launches outstanding KOF Triple Pack on Steam
- HexaDrive has been on the Final Fantasy XV team since just before the 2013 rebrand
- Team Ninja are the Dissidia Arcade Edition developers!
- Lots of good info: New arcade hardware is PS4-based to make a console port easier a year or so later, 50 characters not including DLC, and Ramza confirmed.
- Fresh off of Deus Ex, Square Enix teases (another) new project, this time from Japan
- It’s probably Star Ocean.
- Citing toxicity concerns, Splatoon won’t have voice chat
- ESA: No preserving abandoned games, even for museums, all “hacking” is illegal