Day 0 Update #213 – All-Digital Future
On this episode of the Day 0 Update: Where has the year gone? It’s hard to believe, but 2018 is almost over. Leigh is embracing an all-digital future. Ironically his ISP has an outage in the middle of the show. StretFighter V gets in-game ads. We disagree on this a wee bit. Plus we go over our favourite games and least favourite trends of the year. That and more, next.
12/16/2018 Show Notes
- What Are We Playing?
- F: Launchbox and Sales.
- P: Pure Pool, random other things
- C: Below, The Missing
- L: Red Dead, wrapping christmas gifts and trying to hide them from my family. Hardest puzzle game ever.
- Nintendo to stop producing the NES and SNES Classic
- Sega’s partnering with Forever Entertainment to remake Panzer Dragoon I & II
- John Romero to release Sigil
- Capcom brings sponsored content to Street Fighter V
- The community is not amused.
- P: Before everyone goes for torches and pitchforks, let’s establish what this is.
- Fans have been complaining about Fight Money being scarce since Arcade Edition dropped early this year.
- Capcom is offering the ability to earn additional Fight Money by allowing ads at the Vs screen and on character costumes.
- (The most important thing to note: You can opt out entirely.)
- StormKubo uses a CPT costume, Yipes proceeds to call Capcom out on stream.
- “He gets 4 fight money every time he lands crush counter fierce. If he puts that money in a trust, he’ll be able to afford a character around 2025.”
- We’ll see if Yipes is back on commentary tonight for top 8.
- In more positive SF news, we’re probably going to get full disclosure on SFV S4 tonight.
- Metro Exodus joins the February 15th release crowd
- Kingdom Hearts III leaks, producer asks fans not to share spoilers
- The Zenimax/Oculus lawsuit has been settled
- Yoko Taro has the perfect message about Nier: Automata’s Game of the Yorha Edition
- Let’s look back at 2018.
- Our favourite games.
- Trends we would like to see die.
- Let’s look ahead to 2019.