Day 0 Update #152 – S’ness
On this week’s episode of the Day 0 Update: Valve’s Steam Direct is broken. Ataribox details emerge. Plus the SNES Classic Edition is out in the wild.
10/1/2017 Show Notes – S’ness
- What Are We Playing?
- F: Pinball FX3
- P: NHL 18, Hydro Thunder Hurricane, Daytona USA, Ultra Street Fighter II
- B: Ys VIII, Cuphead
- C: Destiny 2, Picross S, SteamWorld Dig 2
- D: SNES Classic, Project Octopath Traveller, Mario+Rabbids
- L: Secret of Mana, WoW, FFV
- SNES Classic Check-In
- Nintendo disallows streaming for their partner program members.
- Right as the SNES Classic launches. Hmmmm….
- Arcade Archives: Mario Bros releases on Switch for $8
- People complain about the price.
- What should be the price of single game emulation titles?
- Valve delists nearly 200 fake games
- This developer had several sock-puppet accounts.
- 173 games from the same person, all of them the same games.
- 100 of those games came out in one month.
- This one developer made up 1% of the total games on Steam.
- Can we call Steam Direct a failure at this point?
- New Ataribox details announced.
- Specs are vague, yet promising.
- Linux based with implied access to the OS.
- Price is estimated from $249 to $299.
- The elephant in the room: Indiegogo campaign.