Day 0 Update #159 – Star Wars Dumpster Fire 2
On this episode of the Day 0 Update: Some fun fighting game news. Noctis joins the cat of Tekken 7 for some reason. And of course, we discuss Star Wars Battlefront 2’s disastrous pre-launch.
11/19/2017 Show Notes
- What Are We Playing?
- F: Road Rage
- P: Mahvel, Fighting Layer
- B: Horizon Zero Dawn
- C: Skyrim VR, Nier Automata, Hitman GOTY
- L: WoW, Witcher 3 (OMFG it’s so GOOD), Mario Odyssey (It’s kind of okay)
- The Shrapnel
- Noctis coming to Tekken 7 in Spring 2018
- Arika runs with “Fighting EX Layer”, announces upcoming PS4 beta
- Two-week run starts 12/11 in the Americas.
- BB’s Azrael, P4’s Yukiko, UNIEL’s Gordeau round out BBTAG November reveals
- Caligula Effect getting a PS4 remake
- Disney shutting down Marvel Heroes Omega by end of 2017
- Dontnod’s Vampyr will not have DLC or microtransactions
- Nintendo “spending a lot of time” reevaluating relationship with YouTubers
- P: There’s a reason my channel has been Nintendo-free the last couple years.
- The Star Wars Battlefront 2 EA Dumpster Fire
- Heroes cost 10K at review event, then 60K for Origin Access.
- EA responds on Reddit, becoming most downvoted comment ever.
- EA cuts costs of heroes, but cuts reward of finishing campaign.
- EA/DICE hold AMA.
- Hours before launch, DICE disables real-money purchases.
- B: This is only the beginning. This stuff has been coming to a head and it won’t stop with Battlefront 2.
- The Game Award nominations are out now
- Picks of the Week