Let’s Weekend #158 – Polar Vortex Edition
It’s cold, but the show must go on. The 2020 election race has begun. The Fyre festival really was a mess. A new sandwich from KFC has us intrigued. Netflix signs Zack Snyder. That and much more, next.
2/1/2019 Show Notes – Polar Vortex Edition
- What Are We Up To?
- F: Site Migration, The Bobiverse, It’s cold.
- P: Playing more FFXIV than I have since the first few months of the game…
- B: KH3, LISA, guitar, reading, school stuff.
- C: Fyre, KH3, Golf Story, freezing
- T: FFXIV, Kingdom 2 Crowns, redecorating my betta tank, hating my nose, Winter Break Part 2
- Brandon’s Random Factoid
- Assholes of the Week: Empire actor Jussie Smollett attacked in hate crime with bleach & noose
- Hero of the Week: Democrats will have Stacey Abrams deliver Democratic response to State of the Union
- Running in 2020
- Jeff Flake won’t run for President in 2020, joins CBS to continue criticizing Trump
- That Foxconn plant in Wisconsin is shockingly not going to be as advertised
- America’s largest utility provider files for bankruptcy after wildfire suits pile up
- Texas weirdly flagged 95k voters for citizenship checks, but the vast majority were fine
- KFC is testing a Cheetos fried chicken sandwich in southern states
- UK Fish & Chip shops found to have endangered shark mixed in with its fish
- No way the podcast could happen without this – FL man part infinity
- Sinkhole in Florida town discovered to be secret tunnel to nearby bank
- There’s a bug w/iPhone’s FaceTime that lets you listen/see video before they pick up
- Peter Jackson directing documentary about The Beatles’ final days
- Stephen King’s The Stand is coming to CBS as a limited event series
- Jordan Peele’s Twilight Zone reboot debuts on CBS All Access on April 1
- WB dates Matt Reeves’ Batman movie for 6/25/21 without Ben Affleck as Batman
- That Suicide Squad sequel James Gunn was working on is now a relaunch set for 2021
- Netflix signs Zack Snyder to direct Army of the Dead movie
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org