On this week’s episode of Let’s Weekend, we talk about the wild Facebook downtime, labor strikes affect certain companies and industries, and what popular 90s show is getting a follow up from Netflix.
- What Are We Up To?
- C: What If?, Muppets Haunted Mansion, Squid Games, Metroid Dread, Rocket League
- B: Fallout New Vegas, Mass Effect LE, Halloween ‘78, outside is nice (finally).
- Brandon’s Random Factoid
- Assholes of the Week: The huge trove of leaked financial documents called the Pandora Papers exposed offshore dealings of hundreds of the world’s global elite
- Heroes of the Week: Bubba Wallace is only the second black driver to win a NASCAR Cup Series race
- Pharmacy chains are up next in major opioid crisis trial
- Federal judge has temporarily blocked Texas’ new abortion law
- Facebook and its various services suffered a global outage on Monday
- Kellogg’s US cereal plant workers went on strike over lost benefits and other threats
- Trailblazing women in US history will be featured on quarters for the next four years
- William Shatner is actually going to space next week on Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin
- A Russian actor is on the ISS now to film portions of a film up there
- IATSE vote to authorize a strike if the studios don’t make a good offer
- WandaVision spinoff starring Kathryn Hahn is in the works for Disney Plus
- Netflix orders “That 90s Show” spinoff of “That 70s Show”
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 4 begins November 18
- We got a trailer for Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City
- We got a trailer for Blade Runner: Black Lotus
- We got a trailer for Shenmue the Animation
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe via: Apple Podcasts, TuneIn, Google Play, or RSS